I'm planning a webinar or seminar in the 1st quarter of 08 on the hot topics in digital media law .In planning this, I've come up with the revolutionary idea of asking people what they's like me to focus on.
Here’s my suggested list and I'd really welcome your comments on how you rank these issues. OK, so it' not exactly a Christmas quiz but I'd really appreciate your views:
1. Online forums: to moderate or not to moderate? Boiling /Hot/Lukewarm / Cold
2. Key data protection issues for online businesses Boiling/ Hot/Lukewarm / Cold
3. The semantic web / Web 3.0 and the world of machine readable permissions: what are the big legal issues? Boiling /Hot/Lukewarm / Cold
4. Legal liability for user generated (i.e. created) content: what are the risks and what should I do to manage them? Boiling/ Hot/Lukewarm / Cold
5. Legal liability for Web 2.0 businesses for carrying 3rd party content posted by users Boiling/ Hot/Lukewarm / Cold
6. What rules govern content online (e.g. advertising)? Boiling/ Hot/Lukewarm / Cold
7. Search engines and the law – where are we? Boiling / Hot/Lukewarm / Cold
8. Protecting brands on the Web Boiling / Hot/Lukewarm / Cold
9. Top legal issues on sale of goods online Boiling / Hot/Lukewarm / Cold
10. Top legal issues on sale of services online Boiling / Hot/Lukewarm / Cold
11. How effective are exclusion and limitation of liability clauses in online T&C’s? Boiling / Hot/Lukewarm / Cold
12. Top legal issues in virtual worlds such as ‘Second Life’ Boiling / Hot/Lukewarm / Cold
13. The Web’s a global medium – what are the latest rules on legal jurisdiction? Boiling / Hot/Lukewarm / Cold
14. Most common mistakes made by Internet start-ups and how to avoid them - Boiling / Hot/Lukewarm / Cold
15. Copyright/IP arising from online collaborations, client co-design; latest trends in open source - different IP models - Boiling / Hot / Lukewarm / Cold
16. What new regulations affecting digital media law are in the pipeline for 08? - Boiling / Hot / Lukewarm / Cold
17. Anything else?
Thanks a lot and have a great seasonal break.